Here are a few of Hardly Housewives' favorite Christmas treats. Any of these would be perfect to bring to a cookie swap, to your office to spread some cheer, or to thank your children's teachers for being extra patient this year.
1. Five Layer Bars. My Uncle Mike and Aunt Deb send a box of cookies every year and inside the little treasure chest you'll find these babies. They are usually the first to go. Because I eat them all.
2. Dark Chocolate Chili Truffles. These are delish and a little different, so if you're looking to shake things up a bit, this will do the job.
3. Oreo Truffles. Thank you cousin Lesley for introducing these and my favorite drink, Minnesota Bootlegs, into my life. If there aren't a surplus of these when I come to visit this Christmas you are in big trouble.
4. Saltine Candy Bark. This link will bring you to a post written by Caitlin and photographed by me. We just like to confuse you. Caitlin's friend's mother-in-law first introduced this to her, and my Aunt Martha first introduced this to me. You know a recipe is great when neither of us can spend the holidays without it.
5. Salted Caramel Blueberry Bark. I don't think I'm going to make this, this year. I can't keep my hands off of it. I put it in the freezer thinking it would deter me from eating it all in one sitting. Instead, I just munched on frozen solid chocolate all week.
I'll be sharing one of my families very special, traditional holiday treats soon, but in the meantime let us know what some of your favorite holiday treats are and stay hungry!
Mmm..these are getting me so excited for Christmas! The oreo truffles are unbelievably good...ReplyDelete