1) I came across these last week and am SO MAD I didn't think of them myself. Such a genius idea that's been staring me in the face. Comforting, Chicken Pot Pie Poppers by Carly Klock are the perfect bite of food for a chilly winter day.
2) I am hosting a holiday party this weekend and wanted to do something along the lines of crab rangoon. In my experience, when you are juggling a million things at a party, you don't want to be standing by your deep fryer as guests are arriving. Enter, Steamy Kitchen's Baked Crab Rangoon. All of the flavors of crab rangoon without all of the frying fuss. I'm totally making this on Friday.
3) I love sherry. I also love mushroom appetizers because they are meaty vegetarian alternatives. I love this one because of it's simplicity and beautiful texture. Very Culinary's Sherry Mushrooms with Pine Nuts is the perfect topping for crostini. I hate to say it, but even I like a break from meat and cheese aps once in awhile.
4) Ok break over. I love me some pigs and blankets but sometimes I feel like that's not enough for a sophisticated holiday party appetizer. Evil Shenanigans elevated this classic through the addition of spice and cheddar. These Jalapeno Cheddar Pigs in Blankets look amazing and elegant. Who thought hot dogs could be classy?
5) Mmmm....fried eggplant and cheese, insert. in. mouth. Cookin Canuck basically read my mind with her Fried Eggplant Balls with Melted Cheese. I bet these could be pre fried and heated up in the oven before guests arrive. Or you could just make them and shove them all in your face and hide in the corner while your guests mingle and silently wonder what's wrong with you.
6) Crumb Blog's Deep Fried Brie is downright outrageous. I mean just when I thought brie couldn't get anymore delicious, Isabelle goes and deep fries it on me. Hells yes.
7) I love pancetta. That is no mystery. I put it in just about everything but never thought of making pancetta into a serving device. Ummm hello? Could this look any more delicious. Drool face over here. The Galley Gourmet's Pancetta Cups with Goat Cheese and Pear will be making a visit to the Hardly Housewives kitchen this holiday season.
8) Muffaletta sandwiches are very near and dear to my heart because I'm obsessed with New Orleans. It's the capital of delicious food as far as I'm concerned so Three Many Cook's Mini Muffaletta Squares just called out to me. The use of naan as the outside bread is so smart. I've often struggled with making mini sandwiches because it's hard to get the bread the right size. YUM.
9) God intended for shrimp to be an appetizer. I'm certain of it. I mean, it comes with it's own handle. I was looking for a shrimp cocktail recipe with a twist and stumbled upon The Pioneer Woman's Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp. This would be fantastic warm OR chilled. Great do ahead dish that has my stomach rumbling.
10) No holiday party is really complete without stuffed mushrooms. Lauren's Latest Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms look DIVINE. I love stuffed mushrooms and I also love pizza dip. Marry the two together and I'm one happy gal. You can totally stuff these before your guests arrive and pop them in the oven. The best thing about stuffed mushrooms? They are also awesome at room temp.
Let us know if you make any of these this holiday season and what you think. Stay hungry!