To bake these up, I used:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- After preheating my oven to 350, I whipped up the butter and sugar in my KitchenAid mixer. It took 4-5 minutes, but they got light and fluffy:
- Then I added the salt and vanilla and mixed again. Once they were in, I slowed down the mixer and added the flour...
- ...and then the pecans.
I rolled the dough into balls and placed onto parchment-covered cookie sheets. Next, Martha suggests "with the dampened bottom of a glass, lightly flatten each ball":
- The dough flattened out a bit, but ended up sticking to the glass more often than not.
- Once all of the cookies were "lightly flattened", I popped into the oven for 15 minutes. They smelled AMAZING once they came out. I let them cool and packaged them up immediately for my cookie swap so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all:
- If you're looking for a last-minute, low-fuss, lovely-tasting cookie, I highly recommend giving them a shot. Trust Martha... and stay hungry!
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!